As a leading healthcare provider in Europe, we reliably supply hundreds of thousands of people with drugs and medical products each and every day. Our business model is invaluable for ensuring health and quality of life, and it offers us opportunities for profitable growth. At the same time, we are conscious of the impact of our business activities on people and the environment. We are responsible for around 36,000 employees, the production of pharmaceutical waste, the CO2 emissions that we cause on a daily basis by transporting drugs and for the communities in which we operate. In our sixth sustainability report, we would like to show you how we are meeting our responsibilities.
We achieved this at Group level in 2017/18:
- Pharmaceutical waste reduced by 88.6 tons (compared to the previous year)
- 8 percent reduction in transport emissions (compared to the previous year)
- Introduction of carrier bags made from renewable raw material sugar cane in our BENU pharmacies (completely biodegradable)
- Reduction of the illness rate by a further 0.1 percent (compared to the previous year)
- 915,000 euros were invested in the common good
Another new feature this year is the publication of a sustainability brochure that summarizes our understanding of responsibility in a nutshell.
Enjoy reading - we look forward to your feedback!